Loch Ness Monster steel coaster turns 40June 1, 2018
Busch Gardens is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Loch Ness Monster. This nostalgic roller coaster has thrilled more than 58 million riders since 1978.
The world’s most beautiful theme park is hosting a five-day celebration in honor of the iconic attraction, June 6 – June 10. This celebration wouldn’t be complete without a few special surprises.
June 6 Ceremony at 11 am
Busch Gardens Park President Kevin Lembke will start the celebration festivities with a brief ceremony at 11 am on Wednesday, June 6 at the Loch Ness Monster ride entrance. Watch as special guests American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE) who were founded in 1978 at the Loch Ness Monster, join the festivities.
In honor of this special occasion, take a memorable picture by the original Loch Ness Monster train car displayed at the front of the park. Then, don’t forget to ask for a free Loch Ness Monster temporary tattoo as you enter the main gate.
Monster specials, deals and fun just for you
$40 Busch Gardens Thrill Ticket - Guests can take advantage of an online-only flash sale available June 1 through June 10. Ticket will be valid for a one-time use through July 1.
Limited-Time Food & Drink Specials
• Drink specials available in Das Festhaus as a nod to the park’s rich heritage
• Loch Ness Monster cupcakes
• Dippin' Dots throughout the park
• Special donuts available in England
• Double-looping interlocking pretzel available in Oktoberfest
• $0.40 popcorn available near the ride entrance in Scotland
• Loch Ness Monster melon baller frozen drink in Italy
• Souvenir drink cup featuring Loch Ness Monster
Loch Necessary Accessories
• 40% discount on all Loch Ness Monster products around the park
• Commemorative 40th anniversary hat at select shops
• Vintage T-shirt at select shops
• Exclusive kids' slippers at select shops
• Loch Ness Monster ride photos for $4.40
• Add a Loch Ness Monster plush combo to your photo for only $25
Nessie’s Noticeable Enhancements
• Waking up the cave with special effects, including lighting and a Loch Ness Monster roar
• Refurbished train cars and a paint job
• Renovated ride entrance and queue line enhancements
Celebrate Nessie Your Way
Challenge yourself to ride Loch Ness Monster 40 times this year or take a ride on the Skyride for an aerial view of the Loch Ness Monster. Share your photos and become part Loch Ness Monster history by tagging @buschgardensva. Post your favorite memory and use #sharemyBGWstory. Guests also can snap a photo using a special 40th anniversary Snapchat filter and watch the Loch Ness Monster 40th anniversary video on YouTube.