Now Hiring: Howl-O-Scream Scare Squad
Busch Gardens Williamsburg has spine-chilling opportunities for enthusiastic performers, who are passionate about Halloween and love to scare, to add fun and scary excitement to our award-winning Howl-O-Scream event. As a Scare Squad character, you will join our Fear Family and be transformed by our world class makeup artists. Whether you walk like a zombie, cackle like a witch, or creep like a werewolf, we need YOU to fill our Howl-O-Scream haunts and scare zones. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this incredible event!
Apply Today and receive a $500 bonus upon employment.
Auditions take place every Thursday from 5pm-8pm and Saturday from 12pm-3pm now through October 1st
- Applicants must be able to work long sets (multiple hours) doing repetitive movement and vocalizations
- Applicants must be able to wear make-up and/or masks
- Applicants must be comfortable working in dark conditions
- Experience is not required, just a passion for Halloween
Prepare for the Audition:
- Scare Squad auditions take place in a group setting where you will be asked to create a mock Howl-O-Scream experience for our casting team
- You will participate in improvisational and physicality exercises to demonstrate your vocal and physical stamina, startle ability, and scare tactics
- Please wear comfortable clothes you can move in
- Free park admission to all SeaWorld parks, including Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- 6 Free 2022 Tickets*
Busch Gardens Entertainment Virtual Auditions
Busch Gardens Entertainment is seeking talented candidates with diverse professional backgrounds who will command the stage during fan-favorite Howl-O-Scream® & Christmas Town® events.
- Stilt Walkers
- Instrumentalists (Brass, Woodwind, Percussion & Piano)
Launch your professional career, discover your next “show family” and work with award-winning performers from around the glove at this world-class theme park. Perks include:
- Sign-on Bonus
- Top-notch Industry Directors
- Free Admission & Guest Tickets
- $15-$20 Hourly Rate
- Growth & Leadership Opportunities
- Exclusive Employee Benefits
More Job Opportunities
We’re seeking friendly and energetic individuals to join us for an EPIC year of new attractions, events and more! Your positive attitude and can-do spirit will make all the difference as you help create positive, lasting memories for our guests.
Food & Beverage positions can earn up to $2 extra an hour for all hours worked during Howl-O-Scream!*
Available opportunities include:
• Food & Beverage
• Tram Drivers
• Area Hosts/Hostesses
• Ride Attendant
• Guest Arrival
• And more!
The perks of the position:
As part of the Busch Gardens & Water Country USA family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
• FREE park admission
• Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
• Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
• Tuition Assistance
• Paid Time Off
• GoodRX & Employee Assistance Program
What it takes to succeed:
• At least 15 years of age
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
• Excellent multi-tasking abilities
• Ability to train on and properly use protective gear
• Ability to stand for entire shift
• Comfortable working around water and animals
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
• Previous guest service experience preferred
• Basic math skills desired
Applicants who prefer to complete their application in person can visit Busch Gardens Human Resources Employment Office, Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Questions about employment opportunities at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA should be directed to [email protected] or (757)-253-3020.
*Food & Beverage ambassadors can earn an additional $1/hr. for every hour worked from 9/9 - 10/31/22. Additionally, earn an extra $1/hr. for every hour worked in Food & Beverage 9/9-10/31/22 so long as you complete the entire Howl-O-Scream season.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg & Water Country USA are committed to the health and safety of our guests and team members. We have worked diligently with state and local health officials, outside consultants and attraction industry leaders to enhance our already strict health, safety and cleanliness standards. These protocols and guidelines will be modified based on evolving industry standards and methodologies, public health and governmental directives, and advancing scientific knowledge on the transmissibility of COVID-19.