Haunted Halloween Guide to Howl-O-Scream in Williamsburg, VirginiaSeptember 13, 2019
You won't want to miss our three Halloween shows. Guests have been known to tell us that they're "to DIE for!" Make your way to one, or all three, to see what all the fuss is about!
• Monster Stomp – Ripper Row
• Night Beats: Revamped – Oktoberfest
• Jack is Back – Ireland
These immersive terror-tories are located throughout the park and take over an entire village of Busch Gardens. There are no lines for this experience, but anticipate lots of startles and scares as you pass through to the next Howl-O-Scream adventure.
• Ripper Row – England
• Fools’ Court – France
• Axe Alley – New France
• Garden of the Souls – Italy
• Sideshow Square – Festa Italia
• Vampire Point – Germany
Make your way through one (or all) of six themed haunted mazes full of scares and intricate story lines. Be sure to stop by The Vault: Overtaken as it returns with a new twist. Will you survive the endless scares and screams?
If you’re starting in Ripper Row (England) and move counter-clockwise around the park, here are the locations where you can enter the haunted mazes.
• FrostBite – Located inside NewKastle in Oktoberfest
• Demented Dimensions – Entrance located near Jack's Nightcap, just past the carousel
• The Vault: Overtaken – Located behind Das Festhaus, near the Black Forest picnic area
• Lumberhack – Entrance located to the left of Das Festhaus, near the bumper cars
• Circo Sinistro – Located in Sideshow Square, just past The Trade Wind in Festa Italia
• Dystopia – Entrance located at Escape from Pompeii queue, just past Italy and before Sesame Street Forest of Fun
Get a Quick Queue Unlimited* online or at the park for all-day unlimited priority access to select rides and all six haunted houses. Plus receive additional extras. See “More Details” on the product for more information.
Does Halloween bring out your mischievous side? If so, you'll love the role of mixologist at Control Bar, near Jack's Nightcap. By a token and choose which haunted maze you want to be a part of.
When the victim of your choice is in view, flip the switch and activate the scare then watch them jump out of their skin!
Heart beats and pulses aren’t the type of rhythms these DJs are throwing. If you’re looking to get your swerve on, head on over to Fools’ Court (France) for a Halloween party full of dancing and music.
Brand New Escape Room Experiences
We've got two new escape rooms to challenge our guests. While they are available to do during the day, add to the creepy factor by waiting until the sun goes down. Will you be able to solve the clues in time? Choose from Jack's Twisted Terror or Grave Obsession.
During Howl-O-Scream, we add a few bars to our everyday selection of beverages.
• Cobblestone Ale & Spirits – Located in Ripper Row (England)
• Control Bar– Located across from Abbeystone Theatre (Ireland)
• Chaos Cocktails – Located near Fools' Court (France)
• Jack's Nightcap – Located in Vampire Point (Germany)
• Last Call: XX – Located in front of Das Festhaus (Germany)
• Restless Spirits – Located near Marco Polo's Marketplace (Italy)
All provide specialty drinks* to enjoy during your night of fright. There are trash cans placed throughout the queue lines, so grab a beverage and a snack to enjoy during your wait at a haunted house.
Rides & Coasters
Never underestimate an evening coaster ride. During Howl-O-Scream, there’s more variety within the park and lines for the coasters tend to be shorter. Oh, beware the creatures of the night are on the prowl and you may find yourself with a new coaster companion.
What was your favorite Halloween scare at Busch Gardens? Share your story with us on social media using #ShareMyBGWStory @BuschGardensVA
Note: By using the hashtag #ShareMyBGWStory, you are granting Busch Gardens Williamsburg the right to use any content in connection with your submission through social media channels to Busch Gardens Williamsburg for use on one or more of its website and/or social media accounts. Please see the Content License Agreement and Publicity Release for more information.
* These experiences are an additional fee and are not included with admission. Must be 21 years of age to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages. Proof of age with valid ID is required.