Clydesdale horses have a noble history! They were once used to carry knights into battle. Today, they are often used to pull farm equipment.
A Clydesdale’s height can range from 17 to 18 hands. A hand is four inches high. They typically weigh between 1,800 and 2,000 pounds.
You can tell that a Clydesdale is dreaming because it will move its legs in its sleep. They sleep for about 16 hours a day, on average.
Clydes & Collies Animal Tour
For the safety of our guests, Ambassadors, and our animals, Busch Gardens Williamsburg has taken extra steps to provide the safest possible experience:
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a "supervising companion." Please note a “supervising companion” is defined as any individual 14 years or older that meets all the tour requirements.
- Taking photos of the animals and your experience is encouraged, however Busch Gardens ambassadors will not be allowed to handle your camera or other personal equipment during your tour.
- No loose jewelry, sunglasses or smoking is permitted during the tour.
- All Participants are given the opportunity to wash and/or sanitize their hands before and after the tour.
- Party sizes and inventory are limited to ensure physical distancing. There are limited spots available.
- Please keep in mind if you arrive late, you may not be able to complete your tour.
Members and Pass holders receive a special rate. Please log in to see the discounted pricing.
A $1 donation will be made to the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund for every tour admission. Park admission and parking are not included and ARE REQUIRED. Prices listed are per person. All park rules and regulations apply. Program times, prices, components and animal participation are subject to change without notice. Only valid at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on the date selected. Reservations can be changed or cancelled once for free as long as the change is 48 hours in advance of the reservation date by calling (757) 229-4386, but there are charges for changes made within 48 hours or for more than one change. Reservations are non-refundable with less than 48 hours' advance notice of cancellation.Prices Starting at