Private VIP Rhino Safari
Adventure across the Serengeti Plain on an open-air touring vehicle where you will hand-feed giraffes before exploring our Black Rhino habitat where you'll get an insider’s look at how Busch Gardens cares for this critically endangered species. Go behind-the-scenes to meet the keepers and observe how they train and work with these remarkable animals. Must be ages 5 & up to participate.
Things to know before you go:
• Each reservation is valid for a private safari of up to 12 people
• 45-minute off-road wildlife safari.
• Anyone 13 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
• Safari vehicle is standing room only and includes stair climbing. Closed-toe shoes are recommended.
• Due to the nature of this tour, wheelchairs cannot be accommodated at this time. This tour requires significant walking in unpaved areas and on uneven terrain. This tour requires climbing up and down stairs.
Please check in for your Private VIP Rhino safari directly at the Serengeti Outpost in Nairobi (just north of the train station) at least 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
Pass Members save up to 20% on this experience. Please log in to see discounted pricing.
The Private VIP Rhino Safari is subject to availability. Limited quantities are available each day.
Park admission is not included and is required. Prices listed are for a group of up to 12 people and does not include tax. Limit of 12 people per safari truck. Advanced reservations must be made before day of visit. Tours must be cancelled a minimum of 24 hours in advance or total payment is forfeited. Tours are non-refundable if guests miss their tour time. If you have any questions or need to adjust your reservation, call (813)884-4FUN(4386). All tours are subject to availability. Animal interactions and program components may vary. All tour components and pricing are subject to change.Per GroupPrices Starting at
Ask an Educator about RhinosExpand All
What is a rhino’s horn made of?
A rhino's horn is not a true horn that is attached to the skull. It grows from the skin and is made up of keratin fibers, the same material found in hair and nails.
How much do black rhinos weigh?
Black rhinos weigh 1,000 to 3,000 pounds.
How do rhinos get their food?
Black rhinos use their prehensile lips to feed on grasses and plants.